What are You Looking for in a Relationship Partner
Getting into a relationship is easy, but not all relationships last long and many relationships and even some very long term marriages end up failing.
This makes you wonder where all these people go wrong and what could they have done differently to avoid this. As strange as it may seem, a lot of factors of a successful relationship often boil down to what you are looking for in a relationship.
When intending to enter into a new relationship you must have some specific end goals in mind and a list of preferences for what you would like your potential new partner to be like.
So many people always find themselves wondering what you look for in a relationship in the first place. That’s a good question because the entire process of a healthy relationship begins right from the moment you choose a partner to be with.
A lot of people prefer dating in a non-serious manner where they are not looking for a long term potential commitment. However, dating is where many people meet their life partners and the process is very crucial in determining the future of two people together for a long time to come.
As such, it is very important to know what to look for in a relationship and how to approach all the specific details regarding different factors that you need to look out for.
What do you want in a relationship?
A lot of people, especially women often find themselves with a single question echoing in their minds during dating, which is “what do I want in a relationship”.
The answer is not always straightforward but there are some ways to find out what are you looking for in a man.
Here are some things you can always use as guidelines to know what to look for when pursuing a relationship with someone:
- Always get into a relationship with someone who is ready for the same level of commitment as you. If you are on a different level than your partner when it comes to need for commitment and emotional investment then the relationship will not work out.
- It is important to look for a man who can make you laugh and make you feel like the problems in your life aren’t as bad as they sound. Such a partner provides emotional support.
- The best answer to “what am I looking for in a relationship?” is to go for the man who celebrates your individuality and loves you just for who you are instead of trying to change you.
- Look for kindness and love in your potential partner. Someone who will be gentle with you and treat you with love and care at all times.
- It is important to be with someone who agrees with your larger outlook on life when it comes to things like religion and politics.
- Look for a partner whom you can be open about your feelings with.